Mac Outlook 2011 in Lion set China Timezone as UTC+9

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by shawaw, Jan 12, 2012.

1. shawaw macrumors newbie

hi,
    i have gotten a calendar invite from a client. When i accepted the invite, the start time of the event is wrong. When i study the invite ics file, it clearly states the timezone of the event is set to China UTC+8. But when i accepted the invite in Mac Outlook, the timezone has become China UTC+9.

I have check the Mac timezone, Mac Outlook timezone, they are are in proper.

Question is why has China UTC+8 become UTC+9 ?

I have tested the same ics file by opening it in Mac Outlook in SnowLeopard, and it can correctly show as UTC+8.

Is there a problem with Mac Lion ?

2. shawaw thread starter macrumors newbie

ICS file DTSTART

is there no one out there to help me ? :(

as i dive in more, i see that the iCalendar ICS file is giving the problem. It looks like the mis-interpretation of UTC+8/9 is due to the DTSTART DATE in the ICS file. Below is the date for 2 ICS file, and we can see that CHINA DTSTART is 1950xx, while SINGAPORE DTSTART is 1970. If I change the DTSTART to 2009, MAC Outlook (on Mac Lion) will get the timezone correctly, that is , UTC+8 for both china and singapore.

Does anyone know what should be the DTSTART value for both china and singapore ?

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
    TZID:China
    BEGIN:STANDARD
    DTSTART:19500101T020000
    TZOFFSETFROM:+0800
    TZOFFSETTO:+0800
    END:STANDARD
    END:VTIMEZONE

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
    TZID:Asia/Singapore
    BEGIN:STANDARD
    DTSTART:19700101T000000