Mac = Overpriced hunk of junk

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by freepomme, Oct 31, 2016.

1. freepomme macrumors 6502a

Apple products have always been premium. But their Macs just aren't premium anymore. Their technology lags. Their computers are laggy. Their batteries aren't that good. They're displays aren't the best of the best.

You can get better. When you purchase a Mac, you already know that you're going to have an underpowered computer that you can't modify.

And now we're losing more ports, having to buy more adapters. I mean, what are they DOING?

They expect college kids to buy this stuff but the investment is not there and the cost is so high for a computer's price that should be lower, it's inaccessible for a lot of people.

2. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

Its a portable machine, not a power house. I love mine! Doing a degree and its ace for working in bed. Was previously using a MBP, the size and weight got too much :D

3. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

It sounds like Mac machines just aren't for you then...and that's ok. *shrug*

"...it's inaccessible for a lot of people." I'd really love an old Mustang hot rod, but the pricing is inaccessible to me. I guess I'll have to live with that. A Mac isn't water, food or shelter...it's not a basic human need. If people can't afford Macs there are other options

4. freepomme thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even though it is costly, people wouldn't mind saving or paying that price. Buy for what it does, it's not even worth it to do that. I mean, I've bought one before. And where did it end up? Ebay. It's an overpriced hunk of junk.

5. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

if this is your view, why are you here exactly then?

Was this your message of the day to all of us that actually find their computers useful? Trying to convert us?

I'm confused why you give 2 damns about the pricing if they're junk?

Run along and spend your time on things you actually enjoy...

6. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Why are you even on a Mac forum?

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

if it's not for you, buy a PC laptop. lots of choices (some of them great). the rest of us, happy or not, are here because we prefer macs, and/or the OS. but you're here because..?...

8. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

Why you so bitter bro?

9. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Opinion. I'm not a fan of the new MBP. Whether the P stands for Pro anymore is up to anyone with a mind of their own. Instead of participating in good lively debate, you took the cheap road and bashed the product without actually listing any of the faults instead of making blanked statements I'd have expected from Apple opponents during the 2000s.

10. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

seriously, for anyone who doesn't like the new macbooks, there should be deals on the 2015 macbooks soon (check the refurbished applestore); those machines should last for a long time, are pretty great. but eventually, this new design will become the 'norm' for macbook pros, and we'll all adapt.