Mac OX S shuts down randomly when I put the Mac to sleep

Discussion in 'iMac' started by John Harper, Sep 6, 2015.

1. John Harper macrumors newbie

Can anyone please help.

For some time now my Mac OX S shuts down randomly when I put the Mac to sleep, this generally happens overnight. I then have to restart.

I have been dealing with Apple support for some time, firstly they got me to reinstall Yosemite, which didn’t solve the problem.

Then I did a couple of system checks which didn’t reveal anything.

They have now asked me to reinstall my software including Yosemite which I’m reluctant to do as it will take me about 24 hours to reinstall.

If that doesn’t work Apple will send a Tech person to my home.

My system specs are as follows:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Yosemite 10.10.5

Running as a Virtual Machine with Parallels Desktop 10 and Windows 10

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Create a new partition on your internal hard drive, clean install 10.10.5 to the new partition. Boot to the new partition and set it up but don't install anything other then the basic system. Use it as a basic system. See if the issue happens. This is what Apple wants you to do, run a clean basic system without any third party software installed. If the issue does happen contact Apple again and explain that you reproduced the issue on a clean install. You will want to demonstrate this to the tech when the come out.

3. John Harper thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Taz for your reply, that is a great idea, much appreciated. Regards John