Mac ox x lion trackpad changes

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by macnerdiac, Oct 9, 2011.

1. macnerdiac macrumors member

macnerdiac

I just installed OS X lion and there are a few changes i dont like too much.

First , When i browse on firefox i used to be able to use the two finger swipe to go back and forth from pages......now i cant since i installed lion
    any suggestions?

also the swipping is reversed from swiping up to the opposite direction. so when swipping up , pages go down, anyway to change this so up is up and down down instead of the opposite???

thanks

2. denisvj macrumors regular

denisvj

Go to preferences ,trackpad and in the tab Scroll & Zoom unmark Scroll direction .

3. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

thank you............do you also know how i can use the track pad on firefox to go back and forth between pages instead of clicking the back or foward icon on the browser?

4. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

Ok i just read a post saying i can hold ALT/OPTION and track pad with 2 fingers at the same time..this works

question is how can i do this without holding ALT/OPTION?

5. denisvj macrumors regular

denisvj

I dont use firefox what version are you using ?

6. boba7523 macrumors regular

It doesn't matter whether you're on Firebox, Chrome, etc... It seems like Lion disabled the back/forward gesture for internet browsing. Back with SL, i used to be able to 3 finger swipe back/forward in Chrome.

7. marc11 macrumors 68000

I 2 finger swipe with Chrome all the time, works perfectly. Firefox, well I gave up on it.

Every new release, which is every few weeks now, something doesn't work. Extensions stop working or are incompatible and with the last release the IOS Firefox home stopped working, with that I gave up on Firefox and deleted it from my system for good. I'll stick with Safari and Chrome, Firefox to me doesn't have it together.

8. nicklad macrumors 6502

It is a bug in Firefox that you can't go back and forward with a two finger left or right swipe.

It will, I suspect, get resolved in a future version.

In the mean time, use Safari or Chrome if it bothers you.

----------

It's two finger now.

9. boba7523 macrumors regular

Good to know it works, now i'm a happy man :D. Last time i used the trackpad was during the initial release of Lion to which the back/forward swipes didn't work at all. Thx for updating me.

10. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

Oh ok, well thanks for all the replies, my questions are now answered i guess ill have to just stick with it or switch to another browser, thanks again. :D