Mac Pc filesharing only works one way

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thejak3r, Feb 2, 2014.

1. thejak3r macrumors newbie

Hello! I have a macbook and a pc, now I want to connect these two to be able to access their files wireless. I have done the setups which are needed and it's actually possible to access my mac files from my pc, the problem though is that this doesn't work the other way: I can't connect to my pc from my mac!

I do see the pc's name in finder under the shared category, though when I click it it says connection failed. If I try clicking Connect as I get a info box telling me that there was a problem during the connection to the server. This is very, very strange and I am clueless in what could be causing it. I'm running mavericks and Windows 7, is there anyone who've had the same problem who could help me??

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

OK. Then tell us what version of OS X and what version of Windows is your PC running? Plus how did you setup sharing from the PC?

Plus are you running the same third party time server from both computers to minimize Kerberos errors?

3. thejak3r thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using osx 10.9.1 and as for the windows I'm using windows 7 service pack 1 (if you need more info there just ask) From the Windows computer I first turned off the firewall (just so that wouldn't cause any trouble) then I went to the folder which I want to share, right click and share with everyone. What do you mean by third party server? Is that my provider of the internet? my router? If can at least say that they're connected to the same network

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

In Windows 7 you have to use Advanced Sharing to share with a Mac. The Windows 7 home share is for Windows 7 boxes ONLY.

5. thejak3r thread starter macrumors newbie

So in the advanced sharing settings I want to activate all the settings? (in the current profile)

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Since all you kids love videos here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfYXBqBCfiI

7. thejak3r, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014

thejak3r thread starter macrumors newbie

This was actually posted on my birthday surprisingly, best present ever, will look into this, thanks!

Unfortunately it didn't help, I'm looking into getting some support over who can help me with it.