Mac, phone not seeing printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hitman1717, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Hitman1717 macrumors regular

This started as just the iPhone not seeing the printer, but without the USB my Mac is not printing wirelessly. Using the USB I was able to print from the Mac to our new HP 410c. Once I take the USB out, the printer cannot be found. I ran a network test and everything passed. I know the printer is on my router. But still no wireless printing from the Mac and the iPad can't find it either.

2. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Is this the 410c digital copier (laser), or the 410a Photosmart premium fax? If it's the 410c, like you said, it doesn't have ePrint, and why neither your phone nor iPad will be able to see it.

If it's the 410a, just make sure your phone and iPad are on the same wireless network with the printer (also be sure your iOS is up to date), and they should find the printer automatically.

3. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

Apologies. I meant the 410a. My Mac, iPhone, iPad, and printer are all connected to the router. Just not finding the printer.

4. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I'm not sure if it's even possible to turn ePrint off in the printer setting, but you may want to check. Otherwise you might have a bad printer...

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Which 410a? There is the HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One-D410a and the HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer - C410a. They are very different printers, but both are wireless and support AirPrint.

6. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

It's the HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer.

7. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried unplugging the router and restarting the computer, but it still says the printer is offline.

8. lavenderlady macrumors newbie

I am having what sounds like the exact same problem. I had to get a new router (Qwest PK 5000) over the weekend. I am not technical at all, but was able to get it set up and get back online. I have the Photosmart Premium 310a printer and it was printing fine from my iPad, desktop and laptop until the new router. Now my iPad doesn't see it and my desktop, Dell XPS says it is offline. (It isn't). Oddly my laptop, Dell Vostro, sees it and prints just fine. I turned off the printer, unplugged it, rebooted computer and iPad, reset network connection on ipad, and even unplugged the router. Still no printing. This is making me crazy! :confused::confused: