Mac Plus Booted from SD card/USB stick??

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by mcmikey, Feb 12, 2015.

1. mcmikey macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    Now I've gt my Plus up and running again with a new logic board I have been messing around and got it booting from a SCSI Zip drive instead of the 40MB HD. The 27 year old system and demo disks still boot fine as well :)
    What I would really like to do is boot from silicon - SD or USB stick. It is probably impossible but has anyone attempted this?

Cheers,
    Mike

2. harrymatic macrumors 6502

This is just the thing. You load up an SD card with disk images and the device presents the selected image to the Mac as if it were a physical drive.

3. mcmikey thread starter macrumors newbie

4. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

FloppyEmu is fantastic. I've got one and switch between Floppy and HD20 mode. I stuffed all of my old files on it, and easily put stuff on it from my MBP via the SD card. Get one! :D

5. mcmikey thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to order one in a week or so. My internal floppy drive is playing up and I was going to swap the mechanism with the external, but I might try fitting this inside instead. Won't know till I see it in the flesh of course!

6. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

I would like to try the Floppy Emu on my SE/30. I have a IIsi I could grab a rom simm from.

7. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

8. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

9. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

10. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

I'm just here to second the Floppy Emu. It's an amazing piece of kit! It's made my life so much easier - don't need a million floppies lying around anymore, cool though they may be.