Mac Plus - rare or valuable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yixian, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Yixian macrumors 65816

I have a working Mac Plus in pretty much flawless condition, is this actually worth anything? Are there so many around that it's unlikely to be worth anything in the future?

I don't plan on selling it, I grew up with it since I was about 8 and at ~30 years old, still functioning like the day it first powered on, it's pretty much a religious artefact as far as I'm concerned haha.. But would be interesting to know!

2. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

I just did a quick search on eBay and found several. One with a Buy It Now price of $125 and another for $150. You could also search previous eBay sales and see what others sold for. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vintage-Computing-/11189/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mac+plus

I had one of the original 1984 Macs and eventually gave it to a neighbor's young boy. Sort of wish I had kept it now but he did enjoy it.

3. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Quite a few out there, not worth much more than $100. I remember my grandma having a Macintosh SE/30 (30 Megabyte Hard Drive!) growing up. She still has it! The computer labs in my elementary school had Mac Plus! After that microsoft gave the schools a grant to buy windows computers :(