Mac Plus!

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ChocolateJesus, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ChocolateJesus macrumors member

Hey guys,

Thought a crowd like you might be into this. I work at an Apple reseller and an older gentleman heard about my fascination with all things Apple. Came back with a Mac Plus, complete with external floppy and StyleWriter printer in tow.

Made my day, it even has the 4 mb RAM upgrade!

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

That was my first Mac. The chime went off, System 6 came up, and it felt a little like magic.
    Had two at one point, 2mb and 40 mb HDD, and 4mb with 80 mb HDD. Stylewriter as well.

3. PDACPA macrumors regular

PDACPA

I have a Mac Plus with the keyboard and Image Writer II printer and some software. Forget the specs, but could get them

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Really love my plus. I need to boot it more often. We brought in an SE to work recently, and have old games on it. It is like an arcade machine for workers / customers. Gets lots of attention actually!

5. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

You've gotta love the Plus. It's got essentially all the charm of the first Mac, but with more practical capabilities. I wish I still had one.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I loved the Mac Plus. I have a working SE. Had a working ImageWriter too but dumped it when I moved 2 years ago.

7. tod macrumors regular

If you had a good one, it could last forever. I found a fan that fits under the handle and hopefully will prevent the analog board from overheating. Now if only my stash of 800 kb disks will hold up, I can play with it for years to come.

8. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

i love my mac plus but the damm analog/sweep board has gone again and i was coping my 800kb discs (have about 150-200 of them none are original)to my huge 250mb hdd! (witch cost £35 to be made up by clocktower mac)when the sceen went off and would not come back on:(

9. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

Here's mine - it was my first Mac. Doesn't work at all now, just sits on my shelf :(

[​IMG]

10. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I envy you guys. I would like nothing more than to have those old Macs if only to look at and enjoy.

11. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

Sometimes I feel like buying a Mac Plus. Oh well, at least my Mac SE FDHD is still working. As far as I know, it still reads 800k floppies. Still, I want a pre-ADB Mac.

12. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

you can buy one on ebay for about £15, i love my plus, it was my dad's first mac and i still have fun playing with the old software

13. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

This thread's inspired me to try and get mine fixed...:D

14. brendu macrumors 68020

the CRT went bad in mine over 10 years back.. its been sitting in the attic for longer than I can remember now, but this thread made me want to go up and get it, clean it up and throw it on my bookcase as well... its was such a sweet computer...

15. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

^oh man sorry to hear that. The CRT should be an easy fix right?

16. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Nice, I went from Mac 128k > MacPlus (via apple upgrade) to MacPlus + 68030 add on board. That made that 1st Mac live Sep-1984 thru Nov-1990. Yes, I also got a FX 20 ext hard drive - 20 MB for $999.