Mac Presentations work with PCs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by greg.richard, Jul 8, 2008.

1. greg.richard macrumors newbie

I am truly considering purchasing a Macbook (once they are updated), but I have a question regarding school presentations.. My high school currently runs PCs, and I was wondering if I make presentations on my new mac, will I be able to present them at school using a PC??

Thanks

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

if you save it as a filetype that the PCs can read, then yes... so basically, create it with Powerpoint for Mac, or create it with Keynote and save it as a Powerpoint file

3. patrickmacrumor macrumors regular

I, too, would suggest that you save it in a format readable on PC. I would also suggest that you try it on a PC similar to the one you'll be using at your school. Presentations require a lot of patience, practice, and of course, preparation.

Check out www.garrreynolds.com and www.presentationzen.com

4. myjay610 macrumors regular

Make sure you don't get struck trying to open a newer version of office files on a Windows box that doesn't support them. For instance if you buy Office 2008 for OS X and save the files normally they will be a .docx, etc file and will only open on Windows if they have Office 2007 or the Office 2007 compatibility pack installed -- safest bet would be to save all your files in 2003 format for Windows.