Mac Pro 1,1 7300GT

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by nesuser2, Dec 11, 2012.

1. nesuser2 macrumors 6502

nesuser2

Folks,

I have a mac pro 1,1 with a 7300 gt....I've come to the conclusion that I need to toss the machine and pickup a MBP i5 or i7..might not run too bad anyways. Or I need to seriously look at upgrading my video card. Feel free to offer your input for persuasion.

That being said, I mainly have user like habbits and on occasion I will work on some photos that I have taken or produce slideshows/dvd's for people. I don't mess with video much, but would like to head more in that direction..at least as a hobby of sorts.

So..should I ditch this thing and head to a newer era of MBP where I have the option to go portable. I thought a 17" i5 might be nice with an external and if I needed to go anywhere with it..it moves better than a mac pro. I would consider an imac but my buddy had some HD issues and the way apple handled his model of imac has turned me away from them..yikes! Or...should I look at a budget upgrade video card..<$100, or go for a full upgrade and spend $200 or more?

I think I am ready to any of the above, just don't want to dump $200+ into something for no reason..nor do I want to spend $100 or less and then spend $200+ or any combo of what's above. Hoping from any input offered I can make a firm decision on the direction I need to take my computing power. Thanks!

2. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

You can upgrade to an Nvidia 8800GT or ATI 5770 I think its a 5770, you need a desktop too, with a laptop you could only do so much.