Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
HI,

I have a Mac Pro 1.1 with OSX Lion 10.7.5 with nvidia driver 295.00.05f03 installed.

I tried the Forsa GT640 and it didn't work. I got the apple sound on boot but it stayed black for like 10 min. tried it three times no display. I thinnk the Problem was cause its a keplar car. But so far as I understand keplar drivers are in the 10.7.5 update and I installed the Nvidia drivers. Which Non EFI card is suitable or can someone help me with a list of keplar/fermi cards that work.

I wanted the card for cuda acceleration in CS5 as the donkey's years old x1900 is just not cutting it anymore. Please keep that in mind. Thank you.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
HI,

I have a Mac Pro 1.1 with OSX Lion 10.7.5 with nvidia driver 295.00.05f03 installed.

I tried the Forsa GT640 and it didn't work. I got the apple sound on boot but it stayed black for like 10 min. tried it three times no display. I thinnk the Problem was cause its a keplar car. But so far as I understand keplar drivers are in the 10.7.5 update and I installed the Nvidia drivers. Which Non EFI card is suitable or can someone help me with a list of keplar/fermi cards that work.

I wanted the card for cuda acceleration in CS5 as the donkey's years old x1900 is just not cutting it anymore. Please keep that in mind. Thank you.

There's a sticky for this at the top..

I'd go 570 560Ti 448

Whan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Thanks, I put in a gtx550 ti, followed the hack instructions for premiere, added the card to text file and still not recognizing it in premiere mercury playback.
Any suggestions?

attached some stills of what it looks like

running lion 10.7.5 - Mac Pro 1.1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 3.57.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 3.57.19 PM.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 3.57.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-16 at 3.57.49 PM.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 108

Whan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Thanks, gonna try the mountain lion install with mlpostfactor - that should work right?

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
I prefer Chameleon. You can use your existing installation without hacking, kext fiddling, kernel changing etc. No "voodoo" every os update. Just install bootloader on separate drive, configure it and you're set. Check link I posted.

Whan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
I prefer Chameleon. You can use your existing installation without hacking, kext fiddling, kernel changing etc. No "voodoo" every os update. Just install bootloader on separate drive, configure it and you're set. Check link I posted.

I'm not much of an expert with terminal and that way seems to have quiet a bit of terminal work. Do you know of any other easier explanations of chameleon bootloader.

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
It's only 2 Terminal lines, which you can copy/paste. Read carefully and you'll get it. It's easy. Read whole thread, there are links to modified smbios and dsdt files along with explanation how to use them. Thread is long, but it's worth to spend some time reading it.

Whan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Finally got Mountain Lion installed but its still not picking up the Geforce GTX550 ti in the gpu sniffer. plus Final Cut says there isnt a graphics card. I can't even get playback in premiere. Mountain Lion 10.8.4 with MLpostfactor. How do I check whether the machine is now in 64bit mode? and why is it not recognising the graphics card? in there but generally it feels like it very slow on the mountain lion partition. God this is a battle!

Whan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
I've at this stage spent the last 6 hours trying to install chameleoon bootloader.

I've follow the instructions to the letter but when I restart i dont see the BOOT drive. There is a efi boot drive and when i go into it after selecting it post alt boot, it says 'could not find bootable disk - please insert disk and press any key to contintue'. when i do nothing happens. I've blessed the boot drive but I don't know how to 'test' if its been 'blessed'. can anyone please help me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.