Mac Pro 10.4.10 / Photoshop / Illustrator

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by garyjcarr, Jul 15, 2007.

1. garyjcarr macrumors member

garyjcarr

I have recently bought the new mac pro Intel and I have photoshop CS2 and Illustrator 8. I have NOT installed either as I have heard they will not perform properly on the new Mac. Can anyone tell me their experience / opinion.
    Gary

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Illustrator 8? I think the earliest carbonized version of illustrator is 10, although 9 may have been. 8 is definitely not carbonized. You will not be able to run that on a mac pro, the software is 9 years old and written in PPC code for classic mac OS. Photoshop CS2 will run with no issues after you upgrade to 9.0.1, a free download from adobe.

3. garyjcarr thread starter macrumors member

garyjcarr

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

PS WILL work, albeit somewhat slower than you might expect, since it'll be running under Rosetta emulation. Just make sure you have at least 4GB or ram.....

However, you may wanna contact Adobe & see if the will give you a decent upgrade price to CS3 Universal versions, which would run at full speed on your new intelmac (way way faster!)

5. devman macrumors 65816

devman

I ran Creative Suite 2 (PS, AI, DW mostly) on a 2GB Macbook (not pro) for nearly a year and it worked fine. PS is much slower to start up, but once it is running performance is ok - but some advanced operations will be slower.