Mac Pro 1st Gen & Windows 7 x64 Build 7057

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by petvas, Mar 20, 2009.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Hi,

I recently installed the 64 bit version of Windows 7 7057 on my 1st gen mac pro. Overall I am happy with it, I get a 5,9 Performance Index (due to the ATI 1900XT card, CPU is at 7,2). I noticed some problems with the installation and maybe some of you have solutions to them:
    • The Bootcamp drivers package cannot be installed. An error message pops up and the installation breaks. I am using the 64bit drivers found on Rapidshare...
    • The special functions of the Aluminum Keyboard do not work..No eject, no volume, nothing...
    • Line In doesn't work, only the digital output and the front port...I have installed the latest Realtek drivers
    • I got to install all drivers manually but the Bluetooth program doesnt seem to work. The bluetooth device seems to work..

Does any of you had better luck or even better solutions? Thanks!

PS: I think that Windows 7 is going to be really great...

2. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I'm going to bump this because I installed the 64bit windows 7 on my new mini and pretty much nothing works. 32bit windows 7 works flawlessly on my macbook. I'm probably just going to install XP and forget about it.

3. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Running build 7000 64-bit on my early 08 MBP.

Has been working fantastically. Only driver problems I came across were audio and GFX card (both which were easily updatable via a simple download).

4. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

You can use a generic driver and map the keys to up/down/mute
    volume in the registry. That's what I've done as I don't like Apple's
    keyboard driver. I also have a little program to open and close the
    DVD tray.