Mac Pro 2007 Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DiScO197, Nov 1, 2011.

1. DiScO197 macrumors regular

Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can help here! Been having some intermittent trouble with my mac pro, but had the oddest behaviour last night. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing!

When I powered it on, it went to a white screen and the fans were running full tilt so I powered it down by holding the button. Tried again and it did the same thing so I decided to remove the side and see if I could find anything askew.

There were a couple of red lights on the lower riser board which I guess points to a RAM issue, so, I removed the boards and juggled the ram around then it booted but the MAC chime was all distorted and broken up but it did actually boot.

It seems to be fine after that mind, so worry over for now but I have a sneaking suspicion that one of my riser boards is faulty. I've had a fair few OWC ram modules replaced, two of them fairly recently so I'd be surprised if that was the problem this time round.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Is there a test / utility that I can run to diagnose possible suspect hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. badsandwich macrumors member

Did you try the diagnostics on the discs that came with it? Otherwise there are a couple of RAM test apps you could try.