Mac Pro 2008 and Snow Leopards

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macpropro80, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I just bought snow leopard from the apple website, and I am a little worried about some things.

All of the following questions are in regards to Snow Leopard and my 2008 mac pro Octo.

1) Will Final Cut Pro 6 from FCS2 work? If so, any issues, and will I see a performance increase/decrease? (I have 8 cores dual ati 2600's)

2) Will Quicktime pro carry over when I install Snow Leopard? And Will it use all 8 cores?

3) Will Final Cut Pro 6 have an issue with the new quicktime?

4) Will visual hub, mpegstreamclip, or Handbreak be incompatible with snow leopard?

5) Will my final cut pro projects that I created in leopard, still work when I install snow leopard?

6) Will Word 2003 work with Snow Leopard?

I use my mac pro to make a living, should I risk installing Snow Leopard if Leopard works fine? Or do you think I should wait?

Thanks!

2. 10THzMac macrumors 6502

Work on another partition

I have been fiddling with SL seeds even earlier on a mission-critical system, and while I now have the release version I will continue to work from a separate partition until I have checked everything. You could also put a very cheap 500G drive in another bay and put SL on that. That way your system stays at 100% while you migrate and check. My sys will stay that way for several months yet.