Mac Pro (2008 model RAM)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by SDAVE, May 23, 2008.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Crucial or OWC? The new mac pro that I got has Micro chips on it (Crucial)....for my last Mac Pro the Crucial RAM was very bad, 3 times in a row I got bad 8GB batches...went with OWC and it was perfect from the start.

OWC? Or should I give Crucial another try? OWC doesn't seem to use the Netlist heatsinks anymore...

2. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Well I got mine from OWC with the same heat sinks as Apple.

3. John Jordan macrumors newbie

Just added 8 gigs from OWC a few weeks ago. Could not have been more pleased. OWC Rocks!

4. Roy macrumors 6502

Yes! Give them another try. And if they don't get it right the first time, then they have 2 more times. I wouldn't go with OWC. They got it right the first time. Don't reward OWC for satisfying your ram needs without several returns and the frustration that goes with it. Plus Crucial will charge you more for the ram and then you can brag about your expensive ram. Never use logic when spending your money.

5. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Sarcasm is like a second language to me, Roy ;)
    Is this the same Roy from the GV forums? Ah figures. This post was unnecessary, by the way.

Thanks for assuring me about the heatsinks. They play an important part in the Mac Pro's since they are tightly designed. Will go with OWC since Crucial was a headache for me (2 extra replacements before I got fed up and asked for a refund).

6. Roy macrumors 6502

But are you fluent in that 2nd language? :D

GV forums? You must be speaking in that 2nd language. I don't know what GV stands for. Translate for me.

I wholeheartedly agreed with you that it was unnecessary. So why did you post it? ;)

Even speaking your 2nd language to you, I came closer than any other poster to answering the specifics of your original question.

7. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Yes. I am.

If you don't know what GV stands for then you're not the "Roy" I am thinking off. There is no need for a "translation".

Err I was speaking particularly about your reply in this thread...that was unnecessary, not my reply.

Nope, you didn't. Maybe Crucial has gotten their act together in the past year...that was the point of the original topic right until you decided to put in your baseless $0.02 cents in which held no weight.

8. Roy macrumors 6502

Yes I did! My answer was on target. The others talked about their OWC great experiences.

Using your question and putting it in another scenario:

Girl number one rejects you and slaps your face. You figure since you already got some money in this date you'll keeping trying. She rejects you 3 times and slaps your face each time. Eventually you wear her down and she gives you a kiss and sends you on your way.

You see girl number 2 and you make your move. She welcomes you with open ah....... arms and takes you home to meet her mother.

Now you ask us if you should give girl number one another try. Since it's illogical to say dump girl number 2 and give girl number one another shot, that's when I started using your 2nd language, which I'm not sure you are really fluent in.