Mac Pro (2008) USB 1.1??!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by LucasPro, Sep 4, 2008.

1. LucasPro macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just put some new music on my ipod (30 Gb) and a window in itunes appeared stating that I connected my ipod on a usb 1.1 port with low speed.... That's weird since my mac pro should have USB 2.0. Any ideas anyone?

thx.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. LucasPro thread starter macrumors newbie

I connected it to the top port of the 2 on the front of the mac pro.

4. Ant1-Hero macrumors regular

Ant1-Hero

It should matter which one, its a universal serial bus, and in the mac pros they are all 2.0

5. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

all usb ports are usb 2.0 on a mac pro. This is likely some bug. I wouldn't worry about it. as long as transfer speeds are ok then thats all you need to worry about

6. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

You have installed the Boot Camp drivers, correct? You are not using the native Windows drivers?

7. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

generally it should still function.

do you happen to have anything other than Mouse/KB plugged into your USB or front port connections?

I randomly get that too, it asks to plug it in to a higher speed port, but still functions and works the same.

8. LucasPro thread starter macrumors newbie

No bootcamp and ipod is mac formatted. Nothing else plugged in. Probably just a glitch. thx for your comments!

9. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Chances are that it is using the stock Windows drivers which don't understand the ICH in the Mac Pro (which controls the USB ports), so it's using USB 1.1. speeds. if you install Boot Camp's drivers - or the drivers from Intel's site for a 5000-series chipset - you should see USB 2.0 speeds and support.

10. TWHansen macrumors newbie

Forgive me for the intrusion but I'm not seeing a way to PM folks on these boards - AppleNewton posted a 300GB Seagate drive in the marketplace months ago and I'm not able to post a reply there either; I have an identical drive that's ailing - possibly a power surge damaged it - and wanted to swap the controller boards if he still has it available.

11. nanofrog macrumors G4

Click on the user you wish to send something to. On the right side, there is a section called "Contact Info". If they have PM and/or e-mail enabled, it will be listed. :)

12. TWHansen macrumors newbie

All I see under contact information is:

"AppleNewton has no contact information."

In fact, that's all I see for any user, nor do I even see an option to switch on PM for myself...baffled.

13. nanofrog macrumors G4

When I looked at AppleNewton, he does have PM and e-mail enabled.
    Are you certain you're logged in? :confused:
    I ask, because if you don't post within a certain time, you are automatically logged out.
    Such as looking at "New Posts", and I get the log in screen when I hit post.

To make any changes to your own profile, you must be logged in. :)

14. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Too bad you didn't read what the op said. The op isn't using windows, and its a mac formatted ipod (which wouldn't work on windows anyways).

15. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

Did you update any Firmware? It seems like a Firmware issue...or perhaps they connected the jumpers for the front input panel wrong when they plugged it into the motherboard.