Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w0by

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Chicago, IL
Just wondering, I have a 2008 Mac Pro, I just use it as a server and stuff, but when I restart my Wi-Fi access points my Mac Pro will disconnect but will never reconnect automatically. I have to go upstairs and reconnect it. Does anyone know why it won't just reconnect automatically, I have it set to a remembered access point and everything like my other computers. Or if it's a known issue, is there a way to make some sort of script so then my Mac always searches for Wi-Fi if it gets disconnected or something and reconnects? Or maybe there's a piece of software that will make it search and reconnect?

Soba

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2003
Rochester, NY
Just wondering, I have a 2008 Mac Pro, I just use it as a server and stuff, but when I restart my Wi-Fi access points my Mac Pro will disconnect but will never reconnect automatically. I have to go upstairs and reconnect it. Does anyone know why it won't just reconnect automatically, I have it set to a remembered access point and everything like my other computers. Or if it's a known issue, is there a way to make some sort of script so then my Mac always searches for Wi-Fi if it gets disconnected or something and reconnects? Or maybe there's a piece of software that will make it search and reconnect?
What version of macOS is it running? Also, can you tell us what kind of wi-fi hardware your network uses (router, access points, etc.)?

w0by

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Chicago, IL
Thank you, I'm running 10.11.6 El Capitan, my router is an Omada TL-R600VPN and my access points are Omada EAP245's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.