Price Advice Mac Pro 2009 Quad Core 2.66G

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sparklo, Apr 12, 2013.

1. sparklo macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

For a Mac pro 4.1 with the following specs:

Quad core 2.66 Ghz
    8GB RAM
    640GB HD
    Airport Extreme
    VideoCard unknown yet

How much do you think it would worth? I am in Canada. Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

I would say....

$850-1000 USD or roughly $860-1015 CAD. Good care of the machine, AppleCare (if any) and no cosmetic and functional issues can help in the price.

If selling thorough an online site, factor in shipping costs and fees.

:):apple:

4. sparklo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys, thanks for the reply. I checked mac2sell first but their price doesn't make much sense. This specific model was quoted for 2.3k, so I assume that's for brand new version.

Other sources suggests something similar to 1000-1100. It definitely doesn't come with apple care though. I am wondering if I should get this and upgrade to hex code + 32GB ram or just wait for the new model this year.

My issue is that I have a thunderbolt display but I will have to sell it and get some other monitor if I want to go with the this route. :mad:

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Just pointing this out but a hex core Mac Pro using your 1000 initial cost + 600 for processor is 1600 and will give you a geek bench score of roughly 15000. Even the top of the line Mini will cost you only about 1000 and give a geek bench of 13000 and you can use your Thunderbolt Display. Disadvantages of the Mini is a poor GPU compared to what you can put in the Mac Pro and limited expansion. However if you are just looking for CPU grunt, I'd recommend the Mini instead.