Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonmvp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2015
Northern VA
Back in June, Promise showed off two options for storage in the new Mac Pro. One a 4-drive unit that plops into the MPX slots, and another 2-drive unit that hangs right under the top rail internally and connects to those two SATA ports. I'm keen on the 2-drive sled, but I'm not too interested in paying for an 8TB spinner that comes with it. Has anyone else announced plans for a sled and cables? Or do we just wait for OWC to do their expected thing?

bxs

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2007
Seattle, WA
Back in June, Promise showed off two options for storage in the new Mac Pro. One a 4-drive unit that plops into the MPX slots, and another 2-drive unit that hangs right under the top rail internally and connects to those two SATA ports. I'm keen on the 2-drive sled, but I'm not too interested in paying for an 8TB spinner that comes with it. Has anyone else announced plans for a sled and cables? Or do we just wait for OWC to do their expected thing?
I have just received my J2i with its stock 8 TB Toshiba Surveillance disk, and will be wanting to add a 2nd 8 TB disk. Maybe we can make a deal with me buying your 8 TB stock disk ?

jasonmvp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2015
Northern VA
Maybe we can make a deal with me buying your 8 TB stock disk ?

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression; I don't have a Mac Pro on order yet and have no intentions of purchasing a drive sled setup with HDDs in it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.