Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snaper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Hi Guys,

I just signed in, because I have a big trouble with my machine, and it seems, no professionals could help me.

Around a month ago, my machine started act weirdly : shutting down, instead of go to sleep mode.
A few days later, it did not want to start, so I sent it a service centre. They sad, a few days later, no problem with the machine at all, and sent it back to me.

Actually, there was really no problem with it for around a week, then, again, won't start.

This morning, I've plugged it off the wall, and left.
After I've got home from the work, tried it, and now, it works.

I've checked the diagnostic LEDs during a failed boot, and everything seems normal, then **** down, then the OTA and OTB LEDs lights up for a second and thats all.

I think it is a PS problem, but before I'm gonna sped 200 EUR for a new PSU, I would like to be sure...

Have any of you every experienced the same?

strukt

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
Norway
Intermittent problems can be difficult to troubleshoot.

I would maybe remove all RAM sticks except one, and run the computer for a while to see if the behaviour changes.

If that doesn't work. Reinstall the system without transferring the backup. See if a clean system helps.

Remove some hard drives if you have more of them.

Remove extra PCI cards.

Etc..

Good luck.

snaper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Hi Strukt,

Did everything you mentioned. Tried to start without RAM, GPU, HDDs, nothing.
SMC reset, no luck...
After 8-10 hours unplugged, its OK now, but now, I'm afraid to turn it off :D

Still suspicious about the PSU :S
[doublepost=1467318720][/doublepost]Oh, forgot to mention, that there is no startup chime since it came back from the service centre...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.