Mac Pro 3.1 trouble installing GTX 750ti

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Jigga Beef, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Jigga Beef macrumors regular

So i bought a ASUS GEFORCE GTX 750ti from New Egg

So i am comfortable taking out the old video card and install ing the new one in the bottom bay where the current video card was. I am currently running El captain

The one thing that worries me is that it didn't come with a 6 pin adapter but from what I have read about this card is it does not need to be connected to the power supply.

So before i removed my current video card I downloaded the most up to date firmware and confirmed that the computer is going to boot with the NVIDA Web Driver.

Are there any other trouble shooting things I could try?

Thank you in advance!

2. rudo.ba, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016

rudo.ba macrumors member

3. Jigga Beef thread starter macrumors regular

4. Mac Pro Convert macrumors newbie

Mac Pro Convert

I would have a chat with new egg about why the cable was not supplied with the card,
    ALL new cards come with the cables, it should have been in the box with the card as well as
    a DVI to VGA adapter and the SLI bridge cable (if the card is SLI capable).

5. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Is the 3,1 also use mini 6pin? If yes, there is no card come with that cable (escept the two official Mac Edition card). Ask new egg won't fix the issue.

6. Fl0r!an macrumors 6502a

All Mac Pros use that mini 6pin PCIE connector and only Mac Edition graphics card will include that cable. For all other ones, you'll have to buy one separately.