mac pro 4,1 need help after installing SSD...Time Machine not working

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by koban4max, Dec 11, 2013.

1. koban4max, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013

koban4max macrumors 68000

Hey guys..recently i purchased SSD EVO samsung...750gb...

After cloning and installing SSD...i keep getting a message that says that someone or something is affecting Time machine...
    when i tried to enter time machine..it said that it cannot connect to time machine...it's weird..what should i do? i would hate to reinstall everything i had in this new SSD drive...audio apps and editing..

2. sunnyj macrumors 6502

can you post screen shots of the errors? this may be a stupid question, but did you try unplugging the time machine for a couple of minutes?... i just cloned my owc ssd to my new samsung evo and i had no issues with time machine backups.

3. Fastsavage macrumors member

Fastsavage

4. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Have you tried removing your time machine location from the settings and then reselecting it? First time i cloned to a new disk i had to do this and then it prompted me to continue with my existing TM backups or start fresh.

5. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

/Users/koban4max/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 8.57.59 PM.png

6. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

i hope i posted the image

Attached Files:

7. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

how would i unplug time machine...? i have nothing...
    when i click time machine it leads me to desktop files and then quickly kicks me out.

8. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Where are your Time Machine backups stored? Do you have a Time Capsule, or an external Hard Disk (or were you using an internal Disk)?

9. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

is it necessary?

----------

interesting that you mentioned that because i JUST noticed there was a disk being backed...but not sure where it was coming from...so i discontinued it ..and TM said choose a back up...

----------

i have external HD...but it wasn't registered to back it up...so i am confused.

----------

oh by the way...I don't understand why I can't do reinstall when i pressed option button after resetting...it's weird...should it take me to drives..and there i can use disk utility? it's so weird...

10. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I would suggest this: Is it possible that you were using the internal disk to store your time machine backups previously? if so this could be the issue.

can you access the external disk and see if it has been used for time machine previously?

11. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

okay..so i plugged the external HD in and now it's asking me if i want to use this e-HD as backup..;

12. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

That suggests its possibly not been used for time machine before (thus suggesting your backups were on the internal disk before).

IF you say yes it will either set it up for a new Time Machine backup set; or if it has been used before it may prompt you to continue using previous backups

13. sunnyj macrumors 6502

i meant unplug the power cord.