Mac pro 4,1 wired Ethernet doesnt work after sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BigCanoe, Jan 12, 2015.

1. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

Hi,

I recently installed a clean install of Yosemite on my new (to me) early 2009 Mac Pro. When the machine goes to sleep, when it wakes, the wired Ethernet no longer works. I have to reboot to fix it. Anyone have a fix for this issue? I have turned off sleep but thats very annoying :)

2. mikeboss macrumors 65816

mikeboss

with Yosemite, I had so many issues on so many levels I don't know where to begin with. I went back to Mavericks a few days ago and almost everything is well again...

3. fuchsdh macrumors 65816

fuchsdh

I have a similar issue on my home 5,1 and I've experienced a possible occurrence on a work 3,1.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1835527

Sometimes it cuts out while not sleeping on my computer, but if I leave my computer on overnight or similar (trying to finish a Backblaze backup) it's certain to do it. Not sure what the issue is.

4. BigCanoe thread starter macrumors 6502

How hard is it to go back to Mavericks? Do you need to wipe the HD? If so I could do that, but I will have to toss a 2nd drive in there. Also, is it possible to find the disk image for the Mavericks installer anymore on the Apple store?

5. fuchsdh macrumors 65816

fuchsdh

You can always find your old purchases for Mavericks, ML, et al via the Mac App Store and download via the purchase list.

6. BigCanoe thread starter macrumors 6502

7. BigCanoe thread starter macrumors 6502

Trying a few things, we will see how it goes tonight...

I read the same issues happens with Mavericks, so I didnt bother going back to that OS.