Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nownot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
tx
I have a Mac Pro and a MSI GTX 960 graphics card, but I'm having major issues with lag. I thought it might have been my install, so I reinstalled OS X 10.12.5, put in the GT 120 and all worked fine. Installed the Nvidia web drivers, put in 960, restarted and lagging out of the gate. It's really bad after the computer wakes from sleep, takes around 10-15 seconds for the login screen to come up. I don't have this issues using the GT 120 with the default drivers. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

Reactions: pb69

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Same problem here with a GTX 1060. Only solution I've found is to log in and out again, then the problem seems to go away.

I think someone also noted that it you don't allow the hard drives to sleep then the lag doesn't occur, I keep meaning to test that.

nownot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
tx
Same problem here with a GTX 1060. Only solution I've found is to log in and out again, then the problem seems to go away.

I think someone also noted that it you don't allow the hard drives to sleep then the lag doesn't occur, I keep meaning to test that.

thanks for the reply. This weekend I might throw my back in and try the no sleep. I'll update this thread if I do.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
How do you have it connected? I was having issues like that with a DisplayPort cable I was using. I switched it to an HDMI cable and no problems so far.

pb69

macrumors member
May 5, 2017
New Mexico
I have a Mac Pro and a MSI GTX 960 graphics card, but I'm having major issues with lag. I thought it might have been my install, so I reinstalled OS X 10.12.5, put in the GT 120 and all worked fine. Installed the Nvidia web drivers, put in 960, restarted and lagging out of the gate. It's really bad after the computer wakes from sleep, takes around 10-15 seconds for the login screen to come up. I don't have this issues using the GT 120 with the default drivers. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

My MP 4,1 with 5,1 firmware has no problems whatsoever waking up from sleep properly. I am using 10.12.5. I use a EVGA GTX 750 ti which is a currently available model.

nownot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
tx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.