Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrdevans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Minneapolis
I had an Apple shop look this over, they tried a single processor board, that didn’t work so they suggested a new cpu, I refused it and got a used cpu tray with processor, cpu and memory and the DS1510 is still lit on that too.

Anybody seen this before?

Mrdevans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Minneapolis
Thanks for that tip. Knocked down to minimum config and the 5v STBY led is not lit. Power supply or backplane board.
[doublepost=1546471286][/doublepost]I have a Mac Pro 1.1, is that the same power supply as the 2012 5.1?

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
I have a Mac Pro 1.1, is that the same power supply as the 2012 5.1?
No.

Compatibility of power supplies:
  • Mac Pro 1,1 and 2,1 = same power supply
  • Mac Pro 3,1 = only model that is unique
  • Mac Pro 4,1 and 5,1 = same power supply

Reactions: Mrdevans

Mrdevans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Minneapolis
to finish off this thread, the problem was the backplane board. The 5v led lit up with the backboard stripped down to minimum config, so not power supply. I now have a spare cpu tray, don’t hope that comes in handy. The backboard was $69 on eBay, computer back up and running.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
to finish off this thread, the problem was the backplane board. The 5v led lit up with the backboard stripped down to minimum config, so not power supply. I now have a spare cpu tray, don’t hope that comes in handy. The backboard was $69 on eBay, computer back up and running.
Nice to know, thx for the report.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.