Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomscott1988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
UK
Hi,

I have a 2010 Mac Pro which served me very well for a long time but I have since upgraded and kept it as a back up but it is now surplus to requirement.

I am based in Manchester UK and want to sell it and wanted some advice.

The spec is as follows

• 3.46 6 core W3690
  • 48gb or ram 3x16gb
  • Power colour RX 580 8GB Golden Sample
  • 2 Apricorn Velocity DUO X2 PCIE SSD sleds
  • Inateck 4 Ports PCIe USB 3.0
I have a few SSDs in it but really HDD/SSDs dont really see the point in supplying old used drives? The SSDs are 850/860 EVOS

The question is it worth splitting it all up and selling separately or as a package?

These were selling for decent money but have dipped quite low and i think is probably only worth £400 and I from the auctions I have seen the additional spec doesn't seem to increase the value.

I still have the original graphics card 5770 but obviously it will only run up to High Sierra.

The Power colour RX 580 8GB Golden Sample I would assume I could probably get £150-180 for and the Apricorn cards were £150 each back in the day but assuming NVME cards have probably replaced these... but may be valuable for someone.

I assume that I could probably sell it for more splitting it up.

Just wondered about what others have done? Also shipping am I better selling it as collection only the postage will be expensive as they are so heavy and I dont have the original box and have seen a lot of mac pros feet collapsing with general logistics abuse.

Cheers in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.