Mac Pro 5.1

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Pika, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

If the MacBook Pro 5.1 as a redesigned body...
    Then the mac pro 5.1 will have a redesigned body.

I believe that the next Mac Pro update, Apple will totally redesign the Mac Pro because it seams that they do this every 5 minor updates on their machines.

Right now, there's the Mac Pro 4.1 with the Nehalem microarchitecture & the same old Power Mac G5 look and i think it's time for apple to change look.

Do you think that the next Mac Pro update will have a new look?

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I doubt it. They've just redesigned the insides of the cases completely and made a few external modifications. The next Mac Pro update will likely just be faster processors or more cores.

3. mackmack macrumors member

They could but I don't know where they'd go with the design. The cheese grater needs to stay to keep the airflow up and the case quiet. They already have the best looking/organized case period on the market. It's built like a rock. What more can you ask for (other than additional ports on the back)? :D

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If Apple went by that model of updating the design ever 5 models, the Mac Pro 1,1 should have had a new case design. This is because there had been 5 models of the PowerMac that had the same case as the Mac Pro. (I don't really count adding a second optical drive and changing the power supply an updated design) And also with the MacBook Pro 1,1 and the MacBook 1,1. (I'm sure you get the point, I wouldn't believe that Apple would fall into a predictable cycle of updated designs)

5. Abidubi macrumors 6502

The outter design did not change but the interior changed 1000%. Power supply when from floor to top rear, HDs moved down and are now 4 in line, CPUs went from back to front, memory went from on the wall to risers.

The only change with this version was staggering the CPUs and putting everything on a tray. I think there will be a more significant change soon, but not a crazy new look. Maybe the dimensions will change.

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I consider a new design to be exterior rather than interior. Such as I'm sure that the interior of the PowerBook changed when it transitioned into the MacBook Pro, but I don't consider that to be a new design. A design change IMO is something that I will see when I look at the computer, not a change of what I won't notice (most of the time).

7. Ploki macrumors 68000

if not anything else because its too small to put 12 memory slots for nehalem in it.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They didn't do it this time when they needed to to not gimp us on the logic board spec.

Therefore, they won't do it.

9. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

The tower is perfect as it is. Looks good on the outside, been re-designed internally several times already. I think they picked a good design when they released the G5 years ago.

10. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Or they could see feedback and add more memory slots next time perhaps requiring a larger case :rolleyes: