Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
Looking for ideas how to filter incoming air going into the Mac Pro 6,1.
This computer will be in a very dirty environment.

Yes, I can remove the cover and blow air through the heat sinks, but would rather have a solution where the air going into the computer is filtered with a removable / washable or replacable filter such as a small furnace type filter. This way I'm protecting the equipment better.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
There used to be a product called CoreFilter. It was kind of like a round stand w/ filter in which Mac Pro sat within. I imagine its going to be virtually impossible to find something like that now for the discontinued Mac Pro.

JayKay514

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2014
This computer will be in a very dirty environment.

Yes, I can remove the cover and blow air through the heat sinks, but would rather have a solution where the air going into the computer is filtered with a removable / washable or replacable filter such as a small furnace type filter. This way I'm protecting the equipment better.
You need an industrial computer enclosure for factory environments. Something like this:

That, or you need to make one yourself, that has positive air pressure flow to keep dust from infiltrating, and gaskets / filters etc, with adequate airflow to ensure cooling.

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
could mount it in a 2013 Mac Pro server case . 6.1 equals 2013 Mac Pro right? 7.1 is 2019 model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.