Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one_tech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
Canada
today I have upgraded to macos Big Sur. however, there is significant battery drain after this upgrade. battery drains in 1 hour after this upgrade. My mac pro getting too much heat and the fan very fast I can’t work on my Mac it’s hot and the battery drain from 100 to 20 within 45 min and my usage only safari and message and Microsoft word only

Anyone is having similar issue???

Hopefully, apple realize the problem and send update to solve this problem

Last edited:

macos2008

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2019
I had also the battery drain but not the fan, I am just surfing on the internet no special app
I am using macbook pro 16

Reactions: one_tech

one_tech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
Canada
I had also the battery drain but not the fan, I am just surfing on the internet no special app
I am using macbook pro 16

Your mac pro getting heat as well??
I did reset and the issue still exist
My mac pro 2020 battery drain within 45 min to 1 hour it’s annoying

macos2008

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2019
Your mac pro getting heat as well??
I did reset and the issue still exist
My mac pro 2020 battery drain within 45 min to 1 hour it’s annoying
I didn't note any issue with the fan and the temperature is correct but again I didn't run any heavy work.
I had also the truetone or something with the screen changing the light randomly :(

Reactions: one_tech

elite953

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Pakistan
today I have upgraded to macos Big Sur. however, there is significant battery drain after this upgrade. battery drains in 1 hour after this upgrade. My mac pro getting too much heat and the fan very fast I can’t work on my Mac it’s hot and the battery drain from 100 to 20 within 45 min and my usage only safari and message and Microsoft word only

Anyone is having similar issue???

Hopefully, apple realize the problem and send update to solve this problem

can you send me screenshot of your CPU activity ?

one_tech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
Canada
Thank you to everyone who replays to my post
I solved the issue by doing a reset factory to my Mac Pro, and all the problems have gone

nebojsak

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
I have noticed decreased battery life on my early 2014 11" MBA after installing Big Sur. Everything is up to date, I did clean install, everything runs fine so far except that it takes about an hour of casual browsing with some Youtube here and there, for battery to drain out completely. Battery is OWC Newer Tech replacement, and under Mojave and Catalina it had about 3-4 hours under similar conditions. Has anyone experienced similar problems under BS on theirs notebooks?

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 17.32.00.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 17.31.19.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.