mac pro aluminum keyboard: NOT a fan

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by loblah, Dec 24, 2008.

1. loblah macrumors newbie

ok, so c'mon apple, style does not trump all.

this thing looks pretentious and is downright painful to type on.

how about releasing a keyboard that, you know, puts FUNCTIONALITY before cocktail-party-i'm-soOoo-effin-cool-cause-i-mac elegance.

after 8 months of typing with what i can only describe as a piece of artwork rather than a functioning keyboard, i would LOVE some recommendations from the mac community for something a little more 'useful'.

logitech?

microsoft?

2. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

I haven't used the Aluminum Keyboard, but I do own a MacBook so know what it's like to type on it, and I really like it.

If it isn't for you, there are a few good ones available here on the  Website (Links to US store)

I actually quite like this keyboard available from Logitech.

If you are looking for something from Microsoft (Nooooo! Don't do it!) you can view them here.

Hope this helps you out!

3. naid macrumors regular

Among the many PC keyboards I've used (last one being a Logitech diNovo Edge), the Apple aluminum keyboard is the most comfortable and by far the best keyboard for me. It's a matter of personal preference. If you don't like it, get something else. There's plenty out there to choose from.

Maybe something like this?

4. Horst Guest

The moment I unpacked it, I hated it. After I had used it, I liked it quite a bit.
    I had to raise it in the back by 1/2 an inch , though, so I could actually see the keys.
    Love the design, only the keys should be taller and tapered, much easier to type that way, the flat laptop style keys are good enough for, well - laptops.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

How exactly does a keyboard come off as pretentious? :confused:

6. akbc macrumors 6502

:eek:
    I absolutely LOVE the Apple alu keyboards.

I use it for my MacBook Pro when I'm home, I use it with my Fujitsu PC laptop as well. I absolutely love the feelings and styles of that keyboard.

I've used quite a lot of mice & keyboard, and I currently own Logitech G15 2008, Logitech MX 3200 set and I've owned more in the past.

But to be honest, Apple Alu keyboards have the BEST tactile feelings when it comes to typing. I love it, and I love the ones on my MBPro as well.

Anyways, I am a huge fan of it, every bits and parts of it. :)

7. codeus macrumors newbie

Love the keyboard - very easy to type on if you are doing it all day and I am not overly fond of apple peripherals (can't stand the mighty-mouse - what where they thinking with that scroll wheel!? isnt it time to accept 2 independant buttons and a vertical wheel works ok? And the squeeze affect drives my users nuts!).

My only concern is that out of about 100 iMacs I admin, 3 Keyboards have had problems as if a key is stuck down. This only occured in damp(ish) conditions, I think by Aluminium attracting condensation, and it only happened in a couple of class rooms with wet carpets due to leaky flat roofs.

But nonetheless, it is a little concerning.

8. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

My Apple wireless alu keyboard is the best one I've ever used. Before it my favorite was the prior generation Apple keyboard. I found my old one cleaning out my closet last week and hooked it up to give it another try. After using the alu I couldn't go back to it.

9. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I just got the Logitech Cordless Wave Pro - love the keyboard, and the mouse fits my hand perfectly.

Best combo I've ever used :)

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Do you hate it or is it really uncomfortable to type on it? I program code every once in awhile, and let me just say, it rocks. My aluminum wireless keyboard is very comfortable to type on. Not the least bit uncomfortable at all. But then again, that's just our opinions.