Mac Pro and B&O A9 speaker and sudden iTunes problem with airplay? HELP :/

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by malthe, Nov 13, 2013.

1. malthe macrumors newbie

Hey Guys!

So for some time my Mac Pro has worked flawlessly with my Bang & Olufsen A9 speaker - via airplay.. But then today it suddenly don't let me select other than the build in speaker in the Mac Pro tower..

Both my iPhones - Macbook Pro and Macbook Air can find and play the A9 speaker so there is no problems there..

The Mac Pro is a 2009 - 2.66 Quad-Core Xeon, 4 TB, 16 GB ram, Running Mac OS x 10.9 and the latest version of iTunes - 11.1.3 (8).

The Mac Pro is running on hooked up to the Airport Extreme and Modem, and there is nothing other than the Mac Pro that don't see the A9 B&O speaker..

Any suggestions is welcome - I have tried restart and so on - and to find it in settings - but under "outgoing sound in system preferences" there is no sign of the speaker either..

Only my Apple tv show up under external devices..

Heelp ? :D

2. malthe thread starter macrumors newbie

Not even a single suggestion? Aren't there any that have any problems with the airplay to wireless from the Mac Pro - or have had a similar problem? :rolleyes:

3. LongSticks macrumors 6502

Hi

You need to do some more research but I'm 99% sure that no existing MacPro's support Airplay. This confirms it -

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer).
    (Note that the Mac Pro is noticeably absent despite being revised on June 11, 2012.)

Since the listed Macs are only a year old, a lot of users with older Macs will be excluded from this new feature. Apple's discussion forums are lit up with users howling mad about the snub and "planned obsolescence." (This thread alone has 1,600+ views).

From this site - http://www.zdnet.com/calm-down-10-8...echnical-not-planned-obsolescence-7000001695/

4. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

The article you linked to is about "Airplay Mirroring", which includes video. Mac Pro will do audio over Airplay. Mine does when I upgraded to ML.

5. malthe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah if you read the post you would have seen that I refereed to audio..

The Bang and Olufsen A9 Speaker - thats not a tv or monitor :)

And as stated in my post - it has been working fine for a looong time to stream audio wireless through airplay to the speaker from the Mac Pro - but now for some reason it does not..

And that is the answer I'm seeking to find out why? =) (;

6. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you've accidentally set up two networks. What do you mean when you say the MP is hooked up to both the airport and the modem?

Can you wi-fi sync from your iPhone to the Mac Pro?