Mac Pro and freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Whplayer65, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Whplayer65 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem with their mac pro freezing up at random times. I've had this computer for a good 4-5 years and recently (mainly playing games), it has randomly locked up on occasion. I cleaned it out with some canned air as well as sprayed off the video card which had some dust built up on the vents and this stopped the problem for a little while but it has recently flared up again. It only happening during games leads me to believe it is a gfx card error, but it has only recently started freezing within the last month or so and I have never had any problems out of it before. Any help would be well appreciated!

2. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

What video card do you have, first off? Whatever it is, it sounds like its dying. This freezing issue, the machine becomes unresponsive? Or does it actually give a kernel panic?

3. Whplayer65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Currently have ATY,RadeonX1900. The machine just becomes unresponsive no errors pops up, the mouse remains movable for awhile also after it has frozen up.