Mac Pro and GT630 - flash?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by 719c6, Apr 4, 2018.

1. 719c6 macrumors newbie

I recently have been introduced to a 2009 Mac Pro and been learning alot but is alot to learn. I have flashed the 5,1 and loaded High Sierra along with Windows 7 and 10. But...

I have a GT630 and was wondering if I could flash it with a boot screen enabling rom?

It works after booting into OSX but not the boot screen.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. wjdavis macrumors newbie

I'm thinking flashing the card on your own would require some pretty serious know-how, possessed by relatively few folks at this point. Your best bet might be something like macvidcards.com, unless I am just ignorant to the ins and outs of flashing--I use a 980 Ti which isn't flashed.

If you're not interested in paying someone to flash the card, you could also pick up a GT 120 (or some other secondary GPU). I keep one of these in slot 1, so if I need to go to Windows, and I can get the boot screen at least on one display. I don't remember what I paid for the GT 120 but it was less than the cost of flashing the 980 Ti through macvidcards.

3. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

No, but you can do a GTX680 quite easily. Steps in my sig.

4. 719c6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't find that in your sig, maybe I just not looking in the right place...?

5. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

It's the third line in the signature of every post I make. The one that says "Step-by-Step Instructions for Flashing GTX680". You can't see it below this? If not, something is wrong.

6. 719c6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do now but I did not see the sig before. Thanks.