Mac Pro and Magic Mouse - OSX: laggy as hell Win7: works like a charm

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by HumpYourWayUp, Apr 18, 2010.

1. HumpYourWayUp macrumors regular

HumpYourWayUp

I am experiencing quite massiv lag when using the magic mouse. But only in OS X. Win has no lag and the pointer moves especially super smooth across the screen...
    :mad:

Anyone else having the same behaviour?

2. Graemezee macrumors newbie

I too have the same problem with the magic mouse in OSX Lags so much I cannot use it for anything other than web scrolling.

I got it at christmas. Told to bring it back to the apple shop when i did I was given a too hour wait time to see a Genius. Needless to say i did not wait. even though its a new product I cannot get apple support because my computer is out of warrantee. Don't see what thats got to do with the mouse.

They offered to book me an appointment at an apple centre but its just not convenient or realistic for such a low value item. Any other shop would deal with a return when i turned at the counter. Very Disappointing

3. TennisandMusic

Well I did notice that when I used the bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse with my mac mini that actual performance would drop noticeably, with TONS of beach balls. Now that I have switched to a wireless MS keyboard, and logitech mouse, the machine actually works like I would expect it too! Go figure. Apple is putting WAY too much effort into iGadgetry, and not shoring up the quality of their other products. Stuff shouldn't be breaking the way they are right now (Mac Pros, iMacs, laptop issues with hard drives, blue tooth devices...practically the entire line!).

At this point it seems like you either have to live with the problems or move on to something else.

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Buy a new one, swap yours and return it with the receipt. Tell them it didn't work right. Be$t buy has a 30 day return policy including defective merchandise. They will send it back to Apple as defective and get credit for the item. No harm, no foul.

Yeah, I think their main problem is that they have grown so fast QC has gone by the wayside. Why spend money checking the products when people are lining up to buy them with defects intact?