Mac Pro and Snow Leopard display problem

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Neanderphil, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Neanderphil macrumors member

Neanderphil

Hey Guys,

I have a Mac Pro Nehalem Quad Core 2.93Ghz with a Built to order Radeon 4870 Graphics Card. After upgrading to Snow Leopard I can not get my Panasonic TX-32LMD70 to work correctly. The TV is connected to my Mac Pro via a DVI to VGA apple adapter.

The TV displays an image when I first boot my Mac. The grey startup screen which display an apple and a rotating spin wheel. After this the display turns blank. If I hold down alt I can get to the screen where I am given the option to boot into windows or Mac Os. When booting into windows the display works fine. The display also worked perfectly when i was using 10.5 Leopard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. LogicProbe macrumors newbie

Similar issue on iMac

I have a similar issue on an iMac. The connection to the television was through a mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, audio was a separate connection. This worked perfectly on Leopard but I get nothing with Snow Leopard. Perhaps this will be fixed in a patch, in the mean time I will go back to Leopard. My graphics card is an ATI,RadeonHD2600. I know this does not help Neanderphil but at least it might be indicative of a widespread issue.

3. Neanderphil thread starter macrumors member

Neanderphil

4. Borman macrumors member

Any way to have multiple screens plugged in? Could be a simple resolution issue.

5. Demonfart macrumors newbie

Not sure if this has been addressed in these forums yet but apparently this is a 'widespread issue' and Apple are trying to fix it right now.

I've got an 8 core Nehalem with the same videocard as the OP, and although my issues are a bit different (I have some very odd mouse issues...cursor jumps all over the screen and my keyboard stutters in tune with the cursor jumps), we've narrowed the problem down to having two monitors plugged in. Single monitor and all is well, soon as I plug in the second things go ******* again.

I've had about 16 folks working on this (that's what they told me anyway), and I've been working directly with the engineering department, sort of their ginea pig but I'm cool with that if it helps them resolve this sooner. They say it's likely going to need a system update to fix it.

6. djairjr macrumors newbie

Uninstall Flash plugin and solve this issue...

I have the same problem here. My Macbook Penryn start to do this two or three weeks ago. This issue isn't only related to Safari.

When I read the rumors that apple is creating your own version of flash player, I have the intuition that this issue with display can be something related to Flash.

I uninstall it and the problem is gone.

Try it and see for yourself...

Sorry for bad english...