Mac Pro - Apple Care -

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by hi.lalo, Aug 16, 2010.

1. hi.lalo macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2010
    Hi everybody,

I'm new in the forum. I hope you can help me with this question. This is what happened.

I bought a Mac Pro on 2007 with Apple Care included. My mistake was that I never opened the Apple Care Box and registered the number:confused:. The Apple care box hasnt been opened since then and my Mac Pro was never covered by Apple Care. Fortunatelly I never had a problem with the Mac Pro and I sold it early this year:D.

I've just bought a new Mac Pro without Apple Care. Do you know if I still can open the old apple care box and registered that Apple Care number with my new Mac Pro?

Thanx & Regards,
  2. stridemat Moderator

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2008
    TBH I don't see why not. As long as the serial number has not been registered before, and the Applecare covers your type of machine then you shouldn't have a problem.
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    It's still the same AppleCare so you should be able to do that. Give it a try, the system will notify you if the registration number is invalid
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    I believe that you can. It's unopened and unregistered. Unless you purchased it WITH the MacPro (where Apple typically registers it on the spot) I think you're fine. My suggestion is if you have a MacPro without AC today that you'd like to register then do it. Worst case is it doesn't work.
  5. hi.lalo thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2010

Thanx Guys, you´re right nothing to loose.

That Mac Pro is at home. So I'll try it later and let you know then..
  6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Jul 16, 2002
    Yes, if it was never registered you can use it on another MP that is still w/i it's original warranty period.
  7. sboerup macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2009
    Yes, if its still in box and never registered you are good to go.