Mac Pro arrived today!! - Unboxing photos

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rcgrabbag, Jan 18, 2008.

1. rcgrabbag macrumors newbie

Just arrived today via FedEx. Paired with the Apple 30" Cinema Display. This is my very first Mac, so I was eager to fire it up. First impressions, this thing is whisper quiet compared to my ol' Dell XPS circa 2004. Check out photos here.

2. deathshrub macrumors 6502

Extremely awesome! My 30" ACD came yesterday and it is soo impressive.

3. big dainjerus macrumors regular

4. sk8r527 macrumors member

5. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Wow. That 30-inch ACD is so big compared to what I'm looking at right now: a 13.3-inch MacBook display. Though I do have a 17-inch Apple CRT I plug into sometimes.

But enough about me! Congrats on your first Mac! Hope you like it!

6. Jonny427 macrumors regular

Nice blog! Gah I can't wait for mine to come ><

7. jasone6 macrumors member

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing...

8. rcgrabbag thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all! As a first time Mac owner/user, the "how do I..." questions are starting to pile up. Oh well, onward into the unknown I go...

9. jasone6 macrumors member

The best part about the litany of "how do I..." questions in your head, is that nearly all of them have a purchase-affirming epiphany awaiting you at the end. Welcome to the other side -- where figuring it all out is actually fun!

10. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Congratulations!

Welcome to the world of Mac.
    It's almost like being in a club, when you own a Mac Pro. I just got one last Friday, they are amazing machines.

I hope you like yours.
    Enjoy!

11. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

Very nice, I would be ordering the exact same setup if it weren't for my doubts about the ACD and a new one being on the way.

12. akm3 macrumors 68020

A Mac Pro is a heavy duty first Mac :) How'd you know you'd like Mac enough to sustain the investment in a Pro? I started with a Mini...now I want a pro =D

13. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

That looks really nice man Enjoy that powerhouse machine! The only thing i would change is get the Dell 3008WFP.

14. rcgrabbag thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I look at it this way: As a long-time PC user, and the fact that a Mac can run Windows natively, I figured that by purchasing a Mac, I was really getting two computers in one. And since I normally upgrade on a regular basis, I generally go for the best computer I can afford at the time.

Thanks, I think I'm getting the hang of it! Regards to the monitor, I had this discussion with someone else. There are better displays than the ACD's, but I simply wanted matching components, ya know, Apples to Apples. The Mac and the ACD just look nice together! Anywho, the ACD is no slouch, but I agree, the Dell has better specs.

15. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Congrats! I'm also a first time Mac owner...well, I will be Monday when MY Mac Pro arrives :)

akm: I can answer your question easily - I decided on the powerful and expensive Mac Pro basically to future proof myself. I'm not likely to need to upgrade this guy for 6-8 years, so I figure in that time, I may have spent almost the same amount of money upgrading a PC.

Besides, I'm just really tired of running windows...thankfully I can say I *never* installed Vista (just used it on other machines a lot and decided that my current XP Pro is actually a better OS.) But when my Mac Pro comes in on Monday...I just can't wait to start using a better OS in OS X :)

-Bryan

16. akm3 macrumors 68020

Well hell, it's not like I'm against Mac Pros, I'm just shocked that if you don't even know you LIKE Mac's yet you are diving in the deeeeeep end :)

It'd be like deciding "I like Motorcyles!" And buying a Hayabusa, never before riding a motorcycle. A handy little dirt bike will let you know if you really like motorcyles or not :)

I'm probably just jealous. My little Mac Mini is ridiculously less cool than a Mac Pro :)

17. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Nah, those Mac Minis are powerful little systems for what they do - for me, I'm just so used to having the ability to add hard drives and mess around with the inside of my machine, that the Mac Pro really was the only choice for me - Mini and iMac are just too limited for what I want to do with my new Mac :)

-Bryan

18. AHuxley macrumors newbie

Hi

Just reading on http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/
    that "the new Mac Pro has two rubber rings on the drive sleds' screws do dampen vibrations"

If you have time, could you get a photo of the rings?

Thanks

19. LOZER macrumors member

I started off with this 07 Mac Pro being my first Mac ever as well(got it in march). Didn't know much about it. Just figured it was the best machine for my photo work and had all those same programs so why not. Boy I'm I glad I did, its perfect! That and was sick of spy ware, virus programs and windows getting screwed up all the time.:D

20. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

it doesn't look any different from the old mac pro does it?

21. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Not externally.

22. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

BenQ makes Dell monitors.