Mac Pro arriving... but when, exactly?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by FRKT, May 3, 2009.

1. FRKT macrumors member

Hello,

I've been tracking the delivery of my mac pro. It's now arrived at the Depot in it's final destination (which happens to be less than a few miles from where I live), so I expect it to be delivered either tomorrow or Tuesday. Trouble is, I can't exactly stay at home for both of these days in anticipation of the delivery and the Apple Store FAQ suggests that they do not call or otherwise establish contact to arrange a delivery time.

This seems odd - is it really the case?

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Wouldn't it be easier to call Apple and figure it out?

3. FRKT thread starter macrumors member

I can't, it's Sunday. Also, in a word - no.

4. frimple macrumors 6502

Yes, if your package needs a signature and you're not home they will leave a "Sorry we missed you" tag on your door. You can call them an arrange alternative pickup or drop off options. I think it's pretty standard, you've never run into this before? :confused:

5. FRKT thread starter macrumors member

Nuh-uh. I haven't had so many items delivered to me on the door. Thanks for your help.

6. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

For expensive items such as the Mac Pro, Apple isn't going to allow the post office to just leave it at your door. It must be hand delivered, with a signature. Your best option would be just picking it up from the post office.

7. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

If you are talking about Fed-Ex a simple phone call will get them to hold the package at the delivery location. You can then go and pick up the package from the location. Their hours, locations and info vary from location to location.

Edit: Here is a link http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/express/callorwrite.html

8. FRKT thread starter macrumors member

It's been carried by a company called TNT. I'll attempt to contact them regarding delivery hours and see if I can work something out.

9. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

You could possibly get away with leaving a note on your door saying to release the package, signed by you... No guarantee that will work though...

I intentionally had my pro shipped to my work address so I'll get it there instead of playing tag with FedEx on Tuesday when they go to deliver...

(Plus then I get to play with it a bit at the office... heheh)

10. FRKT thread starter macrumors member

Heh, clever. :)

11. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Alright, well they can probably do the same thing. I just assumed Fed-Ex since I live in the states and they are Apple's default shipping company. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

12. FRKT thread starter macrumors member

I'm sure they will. Thanks! :)

13. Roy macrumors 6502

I've got a Mac Pro, being delivered by FedEx, that is currently scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. I'm retired, and will be home, but I'm beginning to think I might just give them a call and have them hold it at their local location which is about 3 miles from me. That would save my computer from being hauled around all day on a local delivery truck.

In the past, when I was working, I would get a notice on my door that FedEx had tried to make a deliver and to call to reschedule or to wait until the delivery truck had made it back and then I could just come pick it up. I usually just waited until after the afternoon rush hours was over and then went and picked my Mac up.

14. Roy macrumors 6502

I called the 1-800 number for FedEx and asked to be notified when my Mac Pro came into Tampa and to let me just pick it up without it being delivered to my house. The guy told me that he would leave a note, but he couldn't guarantee that it would get done the way I requested because the policy was to attempt to deliver 3 times and then put the package on hold. I told him just to have them deliver the way it was set up because I didn't want to have any mix-ups on what I wanted to do.:(