Mac Pro at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Celeron, Apr 11, 2007.

  1. Celeron macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2004
    #1
    Anyone buy their Mac Pro at the local Apple Store? I'm looking to buy the 2.66 model with the X1900XT, stock everything else. Can you get that on the spot at the Apple store?
     
  2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

    Chaszmyr

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2002
    #2
    I do not believe they sell such a configuration at the Apple Stores, but if you go to http://www.apple.com/retail you can get the phone number of the store you would be going to, and they'd know better than anyone here would.
     
  3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

    Gymnut

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    #3
    I was under the assumption that RAM and maybe hard drive upgrades were the only BTO options performed at local Apple stores. If I remember correctly even Apple states on their on-line store that selecting the X1900XT may result in a delay in shipment.
     
  4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2003
    #4
    The x1900 didn't delay my system at all. and that was back in november. That statement is old i think.
     
  5. mustard macrumors 6502a

    mustard

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2005
    Location:
    NJ
    #5
    The only way to get an 1900xt in store is to buy the 3.0Ghz system which also has 2gb of ram, That is what I did.
     
  6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

    Gymnut

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    #6
    I believe the idea behind that statement was that Apple may or may not have enough X1900XT's on hand at any given time, thus as Apple put it "may" cause a delay in shipment.
     
  7. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #7
    yeah, the only way to get the x1900 is getting the mac pro "ultimate", which has the 3.0 ghz and more RAM
     
  8. Celeron thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2004
    #8
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just keep waiting as I've been doing since November. First I was waiting on a Mac Pro refresh, it came and went and was nothing exciting. Now I'm waiting on the announcement of Tiger so I don't have to buy the upgrade a month or two after getting my Mac Pro.
     
  9. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #9
    you mean Leopard ;)
     
  10. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

    NewbieNerd

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2005
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #10
    Is there somewhere online where one can find out what the different common configs are in stores? I only thought stores had the base config you start out with on the online store. Do most of the products come in multiple configs available at the store?
     
  11. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

    mustang_dvs

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2003
    Location:
    Durham, NC
    #11
    Placed an order for a 2.66GHz/BT/802.11n/X1900 (no other BTO options) on Friday, shipped Tuesday, will arrive tomorrow.

    I realize that it's not the instant gratification of buying in the store, but it's the same cost (free shipping, sales tax assessed).
     
  12. Celeron thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2004
    #12
    So much for waiting until Leopard comes out, now we're looking at October for that. Seems silly to wait until then. I'd rather have the mac pro now before I need the money for something else...
     
  13. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

    CRAZYBUBBA

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto/Houston
  14. Lycanthrope macrumors 6502a

    Lycanthrope

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2005
    Location:
    Brussels, Belgium, Europe
    #14
    Agreed, I'm just scraping together the final few EUR I need and then I'm going down the 2.66 route with a 23" ACD.
     
  15. nurfen macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
    #15
    How much noise does a Mac Pro with X1900XT make? Is it too loud for acoustic/vocal recording in the same room?
     
  16. Celeron thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2004
    #16
    Now I'm thinking I may just go with the stock Mac Pro and skip the X1900XT. I already have a rocking PC with an Athlon 4800+ X2 and a X1900XTX. I'll be moving that machine over to the wife's desk and I'll get the Mac Pro. I probably won't do much gaming on the Mac Pro and save that for the PC, which is better suited for the task. Then I could get instant satisfaction and pick it up at the Apple Store :)
     
  17. nurfen macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2007
  18. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

    BiikeMike

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2005
    #18
    I called my local apple store today and asked if they have the 3.0 quad. she said they do, an it has the x1900 in it. I asked if they can put Bluetooth in it, and she put me on hold for a minute and came back and said that it would take about an hour and a half, but that they could do it.

    I might just go pick that thing up on Monday :)
     

Share This Page