Mac Pro (august update) price increase Europe

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by the editor, Jul 29, 2010.

1. the editor macrumors regular

i was looking at the Apple website (Belgium)and it said:

8-core starting at 3.449 €.

thats actually 500 Euro's (650$) more than the current 8-core config.:confused:

whats going on here? 500 days for a cpu upgrade and descent video card, thats it? and 650$ extra?

any idea what the 6-core's price will be?

Can't believe i was actually expecting the MacPro come-back...this update and pricing is just flat out absurd. Proofs once again that Apple is nothing more than a company that makes gadgets...stay away from apple if you want a serious computer i guess

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Mac prices have gone up a lot in Europe lately, likely because the exchange rate isn't that good anymore (bad economy in EU + Greece etc). Also, many countries increased their VAT lately so that will increase it as well. It has affected all Macs, not just Mac Pro. High-end iMac is 250€ more and you get 10% faster GPU...

6-core is likely something like 3700€ and 12-core is a whopping 5000€.

3. you39 macrumors regular

Err... isn't that 450€ more? Your point remains, of course. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer in may.

4. the editor thread starter macrumors regular

could be because of bad economy, but then again, US economy is worst than European, The crisis in Greece and Spain don't really have allot of impact on other European country's. To my knowings Belgium didn't increased their VAT for computers/electronics in general, we do pay 21% tax but same goes for previous systems/computers...etc

me personaly i'm glad i didn't bought the 2009 (current) Mac because of it being hilariously overpriced...i'm not even thinking about buying this soon to be released MacPro because of it being even more hilariously overpriced...6% faster cpu...Apple, you're pushing it.

without a doubt my 4000 Euro's are going to a Windows7 system...only way to get a real "Pro" machine