Mac Pro bluetooth cable too short

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by anthny680, Jan 4, 2009.

1. anthny680 macrumors member

The bluetooth cable on my 2 year old 2.66 ghz MP is not long enough to reach the connection on the motherboard. I have the airport card installed and working fine. I guess if I ever want the factory internal Bluetooth installed I'm supposed to take my tower into a genius bar and let them deal with it, but I typically like installing myself because of the inconvenience of transporting. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks,

2. Lumpydog macrumors 6502

Oddly, don't use the cable labeled BT... Do a search on "bluetooth" in this forum and you will find that Apple has mislabeled these wires.

After reading these forums I found that the wire labeled "1" should go to the bluetooth card.

If you have an airport card:
    The wire labeled "2" to the top airport card attachment
    The wire labeled "3" to the bottom airport attachment

Here is one thread I found to be helpful: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=392692&highlight=bluetooth

By the way - I have a bluetooth card that used the "BT" wire and the connection between my MP and wireless mouse/keyboard was awful. I swapped to wire 1 and bingo. I can use my mouse and keyboard from across the room.

I've since installed an airport card with wired 2 and 3 and it has been rock solid.

3. anthny680 thread starter macrumors member