Mac Pro Boot Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by A.Goldberg, Apr 27, 2015.

1. A.Goldberg, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I tried to install Bootcamp on a Mac Pro. It didn't end up working out. I had trouble booting in Windows and ended up pulling the second drive to get it to boot in OS X. It's been running fine since and I thought I changed the startup disk back to the OS X drive.

When I rebooted today I got a white screen that eventually turned into this attached screen that says there is no disk. This looks like Windows screen to me, rather than the apple ? Startup disk warning.

I'm not sure how to get back into OS X. I'm thinking this is software related rather than hardware. I believe the computer is still trying to boot into Windows.

OS X is on a 120gb Transend SSD drive. This is a Mac Pro 1,1 running 10.7 - not the one in my specs.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. A.Goldberg thread starter macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I held down the option key and was able to select Mac OS. I'm just wondering why this happened?

3. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Go into System Preferences->Startup Disk and make sure your boot hard drive is selected.

4. A.Goldberg thread starter macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Yeah, it was, which is why I'm bewildered. The problem has seemed to resolve thankfully.