Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I have a brand new 2009 Mac Pro and for some reason it randomly, yesterday, decided to no longer see the cable plugged into it. I double checked the cable with another computer and it's fine. I also checked my mac pro settings and it sees the ethernet port. I reset the PRAM and everything. At one point I installed a new hard drive, turned it on, and it was working, but the hard drive was formatted wrong so i took it out (had something else in mind with it) and when I turned it on it wasnt working. Not saying the hard drive is what is making it have an issue, but it shows that it does still work.

any other recommendations before i have to bring this beast into the apple store?

quantum003

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Superposition
I have a brand new 2009 Mac Pro and for some reason it randomly, yesterday, decided to no longer see the cable plugged into it. I double checked the cable with another computer and it's fine. I also checked my mac pro settings and it sees the ethernet port. I reset the PRAM and everything. At one point I installed a new hard drive, turned it on, and it was working, but the hard drive was formatted wrong so i took it out (had something else in mind with it) and when I turned it on it wasnt working. Not saying the hard drive is what is making it have an issue, but it shows that it does still work.

any other recommendations before i have to bring this beast into the apple store?

I really doubt it's your practically new Mac Pro causing this problem. Your router may be denying service to your Mac Pro or may be malfunctioning, I would triple-check every other link in the chain before I suspected mechanical failure in your Mac Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.