Mac Pro Chassis Touch-up Paint

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Desmo1098, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Desmo1098 macrumors regular

Desmo1098

Anyone scratch their chassis where they used touch-up paint? Is so, where from and what is the name?

2. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

There's no paint on the Mac Pro's case, it's anodized aluminum. I doubt you'll find paint that looks similar :/

3. MCHR macrumors regular

4. Desmo1098 thread starter macrumors regular

Desmo1098

:eek::):D Contrary to popular belief I do not ride a Ducati because of looks. I do ride it because the bike weights under 400 lbs. dry and has 140 hp. :eek: Yeah Yeah I know, it is a hard association to break, but I just like to take care of my stuff. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind-of-guy, but I like to invest in things that are of quality because when it comes time to sell them, they will give you a good return.

Besides, I highly recommend all of you to find a Ducati 1098 or 848 and a race track. The most amazing experience you will ever have. :)

5. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

If you take such great care of your stuff, why is your Mac Pro scratched? :D:rolleyes:

6. Desmo1098 thread starter macrumors regular

Desmo1098

Well I have a grinding noise on the inside of my Mac Pro somewhere. I thought it was the forward most chassis fan. It turned out to be the fan that is built-in to the heat sink of the CPU.

So when the Apple Store replaced the fan I originally asked them to replace the machine came back scratched. It is not that bad and more of an annoyance then anything. I'm so neurotic about keeping my toys meticulous. :) Sometimes I think it gets in the way of enjoying them... anyways :rolleyes:

I am not really mad at the tech's at the Apple Store either, I spend so much money there for business they basically take care of any problems I have with no questions. :)

7. MCHR macrumors regular

I sympathize. I have a number of cycles in my garage, and probably spend too much time washing them. . .especially the Ducatis :D

As far as the scratch, if it's in an obvious location, maybe you can move the computer around so you don't see it. Otherwise, just find a tasteful sticker to cover that area. An aluminum scratch is basically a 'ditch' that will reflect light as you view it from various angles. Putting paint in that ditch will only make it look like a different reflection/refraction and may draw more attention to it.

8. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

ah man that sucks :/ what Apple Store did you go to? I need to get my PSU replaced (it's buzzing), so I'm kind of scared they'll scratch my baby :(