Mac Pro + Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BigD58, May 12, 2008.

  1. BigD58 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #1
    Hi everyone, I am soon to be purchasing a mac pro and probabally a 23" Cinema Display. But before I buy i would like to know if i should wait for an update or if there are any rumors that should caution me to wait on this purchase any help would be appreciated. Thanks :cool:

    -DK-
     
  2. richard.mac macrumors 603

    richard.mac

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Location:
    51.50024, -0.12662
    #2
    i purchased mine in December as i really needed it and there hasnt been an update since. but since WWDC is only 27 days away i would wait until then.
     
  3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #3
    You can wait 27 days then come back here and ask if you should wait again.
    The fact is, what is available today will run exactly what you need it to run I presume. You didn't exactly outline your needs so one can only assume.

    If you were asking about say a Mac Mini, which hasn't seen a true update in ages then maybe that question would be a bit more understandable. The only thing I think people are going to say is that the ACDs are in need of an update. I disagree in that it does exactly what I need it to do as I don't need any extra inputs for my gaming consoles or anything like that. However, if they do update the current displays and they come out looking like the iMacs I'd be slightly annoyed myself.

    My advice to you is that if you don't need anything now then go ahead and wait the 27 days. If you do then buy it. You won't be disappointed.
     

Share This Page