Mac Pro coma - screen will not wake from sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dkuo, May 4, 2009.

1. dkuo macrumors newbie

Hi there

Anyone experience this? Mac Pro (2008, dual quad core with 16GB RAM with ATI 1900 Display Card and Dual 30 inch Apple Cinema Display) just refuse to wake up from sleep mode (not sure if it caused by 10.5.6 or iLife 09 or both). Now I just turn it off and use my MacBook instead cos rebooting Mac Pro is just very annoying and depressing. Also, any way to get BootCamp to work with Mac Pro with hardware RAID card installed?

Thanks

2. DualShock macrumors 6502

Sounds similar to the display sleep problem I had. I've briefly described it in this post. Check the thread I linked to in that post where I talked about what I went through to diagnose it.

Unfortunately the problem came back after I had it repaired. :(

Or did I just misread your post and you actually mean your Mac Pro (and not just the displays) won't wake from sleep? :D

3. dkuo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, only the Display will not wake up, seems a lot of users are experiencing the same problem, let's hope 10.5.7 will fix the problem, thanks for your help, really appreciated.

4. dkuo thread starter macrumors newbie

Updated to 10.5.7, problem still there, very annoying and disappointing, does your problem go away?

5. DualShock macrumors 6502

I haven't installed 10.5.7 yet. I'll give it a few days to see what surprises it brings (good or bad).

Once I update I'll test out my monitor and report back.