Mac Pro Composer Machine EWQLSO / 8800GT / 30' ACD / Presonus Firebox / AKG K701

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jrichman63, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jrichman63 macrumors regular

This is my plan for the a personal studio composing and Design machine.

Using EASTWEST Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum pro PLAY version.

I was planning and still am going to build a super mac pro 8-core setup. I'm not a pro and I don't make money from my work, but I am serious. My plans are a 2.8 or 3.0 new 8 core Mac pro I will buy all my ram 3rd party at least 4 gigs to start if not 6 or 8. I will buy all the hard drive 3 party too. I going to use the 99 dollar ADC membership to get 20% off the computer and buy my 30' ACD with a student discount b/c it's cheaper that way. I will use my EWQLSO gold / chiors /RA and coloass til PLAY version come out. I currently use a 1.8 core 2 duo mac mini with all my stuff with Logic 8. This setup will be run through my Personus firebox which has performed beautifully so far. I am also this week going to grad a pair of AKG K701s to work with through my firebox. Oh yeah and a 8800GT.

So far from what I've read I think the Personus Firebox can drive the AKG K701 headphones.

My studio also has 3 Fender Rhodes keyboards, a Magnus air organ, a Moog Etherwave Pro Theremin, and a Yamaha p-300 controller,
    I've finally got some money and I'm gonna jump on my dream.

2. jasone6 macrumors member

Best of both worlds! (in a way)

:eek: sweet!

Welcome to the dream-chasers club. It's a lovely place to be!:)

3. jrichman63 thread starter macrumors regular

4. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

i don't use east/west but i'd guess your money would be better spent on more ram and maybe a 10k drive than .2 ghz speed bump on the proc.....

and i'll second the :eek: on the theremin, how'd you come across a piece like that? haven't they been out of production for a while? can you use it as a midi controller w/ your orchestra samples?

5. studiorookie macrumors newbie

EWQLSO Platinum with a mac Mini

I am running a mac mini (2 GHZ, 2 Gig memory) with pro tools le 8. I would like to purchase EWQLSO Platinum. I am wondering if my Mac Mini can handle this program or will I have to get a bigger Mac? I am new to studios and new to Mac. Can anyone help a rookie?

6. aliot macrumors member

Well,speed up the HDD is a good idea,but 10K drive just not that fit for this.I've used kontakt2 and stylusRMX for a while, in my opinion a raid 0 array is the best answer for large software sound source. Now I'm using a raid0 with 4X250G, basicly I can load up most of the sound set or samples RIGHT AWAY:D
    :)Know that logic9 still a 32bit program I think 4Gs for logic is enough but you still need some for the system.a 6Gs or 8Gs will be better.
    :eek:personally I prefer 2X23in monitors more than a 30in,because now 23in is cheap enough and the total resolution is way more than a 30in.

welcome to the musician world,
    cheers