Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DFP1989

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has ordered and taken delivery of their Mac Pro recently? Curious to get an idea of how long people’s orders are taking.

So far since I ordered my Mac Pro two weeks ago it hasn’t moved past processing. It’s still showing a June 18-26 delivery window, which to be honest is starting to feel optimistic :(

pollycat

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2004
Ordered the following on 3rd June.
Delivery estimate at time of ordering: 16th-20th June.
Went to "Preparing to Ship" yesterday (15th June).

• 3.5GHz 8‑core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz
  • 96GB (6x16GB) of DDR4 ECC memory
  • 8TB SSD storage
  • Radeon Pro W5700X with 16GB of GDDR6 memory

Reactions: DFP1989

MCal27

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke on Trent. UK
First one I ordered very close to release date took well over a month. The second one took just over 2 weeks. I ordered a fifth (for a client not myself!) on monday and am expected a 2 - 3 week wait

Pbwj

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2018
You can also check authorized 3rd party dealers like BH Photo and Adorama. I ordered mine through BH Photo since they had the configuration I wanted in stock and got it delivered in a couple of days.

Reactions: xtol121

pollycat

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2004
Just an update to the above, mine was delivered today (17th June).
Interestingly, it shipped with Catalina 10.15.2, not the latest version.
Setting it up now.

Reactions: OkiRun

vetruvian

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2013
Just ordered two days ago with a few upgrades. I live in San Diego for reference.

Ordered: June 15th
Original delivery estimate: June 24th - 25th
Prepare for shipment/charged: June 17th
UPS delivery date: June 19th

Impressed with the turnaround. Here's to hoping it arrives Friday!!

DFP1989

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Latest update, apparently the delays are because the cardboard carton the Mac Pro box comes in is "not arriving in pristine condition".

Not the Mac Pro box. Just the outer box.

My computer is being held up because of the box's box.

LeonPro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Ordered mine on the 19th of June. Received it on the 25th.

The outer box arrived with battle scars including a big tear you could practically peep through and see the white Apple box. Because of this I opened it unconventionally than the typical unboxing it deserves. Meaning I opened it from the very top with a cutter just in case the inner Apple box is damaged and I have to return it.

Everything good. Even the outer box was meant to take so much abuse and has thick foam linking all over just to protect the inner box from receiving any damage at all. The inner box is perfect. No dent. Kudos to Apple for even designing not just the actual packaging, but even the outer packaging to protect the inner packaging. Lol.

Which means your outer box must receive pretty extensive damage to even get flagged for delay.

Graham King

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Oakland, CA
I ordered June 24 (16 core, 8TB, W5700X, 32GB). Estimated delivery was July 3-8. And now UPS has it set to arrive June 30!
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 6.36.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 6.36.46 PM.png

???

choreo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Midland, TX
Ordered a 12-core w/W5700X and 1TB SSD from B&H last Thursday. Website said (and still says) 2-4 weeks Special Order. It just arrived today (Thursday, one week later)! Of course it shipped from Texas - to Texas in my case. B&H has always met or exceeded my expectations.

I received an email notification and phone call from FedEx yesterday that a signature would be required upon deliver today. So I waited around all day, never heard anything, opened the front door at 4pm and saw the box sitting on my front porch as a "UPS" driver was leaving - no signature or even a doorbell ring, but all is good!

Last edited:

Graham King

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Oakland, CA
My 16 core has been a 15 minute drive away since the 28th! I talked to a UPS driver delivering packages on my street at 9:45pm last night. He had one small package for me and no Mac Pro! Luckily my business is taking a coronacation right now.

OkiRun

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2019
Japan
Ordered a 12-core w/W5700X and 1TB SSD from B&H last Thursday. Website said (and still says) 2-4 weeks Special Order. It just arrived today (Thursday, one week later)! Of course it shipped from Texas - to Texas in my case. B&H has always met or exceeded my expectations.

I received an email notification and phone call from FedEx yesterday that a signature would be required upon deliver today. So I waited around all day, never heard anything, opened the front door at 4pm and saw the box sitting on my front porch as a "UPS" driver was leaving - no signature or even a doorbell ring, but all is good!
Maybe post a pic of your setup in the setup thread.?

choreo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Midland, TX
Maybe post a pic of your setup in the setup thread.?

May take a few days since I am waiting for a few pieces to arrive!

Caldigit
(3) Monitor cables - TB3 to DisplayPort
Sonnet J3i Carrier
Samsung 1TB SSD Boot Clone Drive
8TB Hard Drive
14TB TM Hard Drive
Sonnet M.2 4x4 Silent PCIe Card
(4) Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 Internal SSD sticks
Firewire PCI Card
96GB - Ram Upgrade

I did not expect the Mac Pro to arrive this quick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.